Mom Lynija Eason questioned over fatal beating of daughter, 6, posted about ‘kindness’ weeks before her death

A Bronx mom being questioned in the fatal beating of her 6-year-old daughter spent the days ahead of the killing bragging on Facebook about her job — and posted about “kindness and compassion” in the weeks before her child’s death.


“I’m just up thinking like how deep i was really in the streets literally in my living room cooking upppp to now being a whole NYC city agent with a whole 401K & everything… God gone do it EVERYTIME!” the mom, Lynija Eason, posted to the social media site about a week ago.

Eason, who also uses the name Lynija Mone online, is in police custody after her daughter Jalayah Eason was found unconscious and covered in bruises inside the family’s squalid Bronx apartment Friday.


Neighbors heard the girl, who later died, beg for her life during a 4 a.m. beating.


Eason has not been charged in Jalayah’s death.


The mom’s online commentary betrayed no sign of the girl’s horrifying end.

Eason, who claims she works as a 311 operator, also remarked on the disappearance and deaths of two boys who had been playing near the shore before their bodies turned up in the waters off Manhattan.


The mom wrote the situation “doesn’t make sense. So if the witness saw him pushing the other boy into the water where was this witness when they was missing for 5days ?!?!?! Who tf is lying toooo like please okay !!!!”

As of Saturday afternoon, Eason was still in police custody, according to the NYPD. The Post could not confirm her employment and 311 said she did not work there.

On May 17, Eason reposted a meme that read in part, “Me at home: The world is a dark place, we need more kindness and compassion towards one another. Me in public: I hate every single person on this planet.”


Eason told officers she found Jalayah cold and not breathing inside a closet in their 12th-floor apartment at NYCHA’s Forest Houses on East 165th Street. The mom claimed she tried to administer CPR, but that Jalayah would not wake up. EMS arrived 15 minutes later and rushed the doomed girl to Lincoln Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Eason was taken to the 42nd Precinct station house for questioning after bruises and other signs of trauma were discovered on Jalayah’s wrists and torso.

An upstairs neighbor who was alarmed by an early morning commotion on Friday recalled hearing the child “screaming for her dear life” and yelling, “stop, stop, stop.”


An 8-year-old boy and another sibling, a 3-year-old girl, also in the apartment were unharmed.


“We are investigating this case with the NYPD. The safety of the other children in the home has been secured,” said Marisa Kaufman, a spokeswoman for the city’s Administration for Children’s Services, on Saturday.

Saddened neighbors on Saturday said they tried to chat with Eason and the girl but were rebuffed.


Maria Diaz, 60, who has lived in the building for 30 years, said she had seen Jalayah with her “always quiet” mom, but neither acknowledged her “hello.” Diaz noted she’s “seen so many kids going up and down” the building elevator “but I never knew what was going on up there.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button